Sunday, October 30, 2011

Isn't She Lovely?

On my way to find out the baby's gender in June, I decided to play the radio game.  If the song was about a girl, it was going to be a girl, if it was about a boy, it was going to be a boy.  The first 5 songs I heard were about girls.  The first one was "Isn't She Lovely?" which was written about a newborn daughter the year I was born.  I knew we were having a girl :)
Around midnight on Friday the 14th, I woke up with contractions.  I woke Mike up around 1:30 and we started getting ready to go to the hospital.  We got to the hospital around 3:45 am and made great progress, got the epidural around 7 and the baby came at 10:37 am.  She came in 3 contractions of pushing! 

 Introducing Gemma Kathleen Oaks!  Our precious gem was 19 inches long, weighing 5 pounds 13 ounces, and healthy!  She's absolutely beautiful.
 Dallin is such a great big brother. 
He's always wanting to be near her and telling us how beautiful she is :)
 Wow, we have TWO kids!
 Proud Daddy :)
Tired, happy Mommy :)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

OH! Congrats! She's a doll!

smalltowngirl said...

She is lovely and you are gorgeous! I wish I looked that good after giving birth.

JaMie said...

Congrats! You look amazingly beautiful! And she is just a little doll!!!

Sarah Stout said...

She is the MOST adorable little baby girl, April! Congratulations!

P.S. How do you pronounce her name with a j sound or a g sound?

Mike and April Oaks said...

Sarah, a J sound, Gemma like a precious gemstone :)